Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
Welcome to New Era! A Roleplaying Site based on the Fiction book series Warriors, by Erin Hunter. This is a place where members can let their creativity flow, meet new friends and have fun! The clans moved to a new territory and have fanned out into different parts of lands, claiming it as their own. And now it’s time for a new generation of warriors to lead the clans on their quest of survival! You can make a character, join a clan and start roleplaying in the threads of that clan! Battle against other clans or tribes and protect your territory from trespassers and pesky twolegs. The possibility is endless at New Era!
Affiliates
Top 100 Feline RPGs Top 50 Warrior Cat RPG's Top 100 Warriors
The Fate of Five Warrior Cats RP TSNv2 - A Semi- Literate Warrior Cat Roleplay Conflicting Rivals AWRP Warrior Cats: Untold Tales Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Affiliatebutton-1 Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- 10r04ud
Thunderclan
Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- 11v4n86 ________________________________________________________
Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- 25z329w
Riverclan
Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- 2heah6c

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story-

4 posters

Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story-

Post by Smoke Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- 9k=
Awakening
Note: You know how New Era takes place like 20
human years after the original series?
Well this is 50 years later from New Era.
Manga/Comic: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1762550
Warning: First Chap. Is kind of sad ):

Imagine if you were suddenly pushed into leading all of your friends and
family against something so evil, it even scares itself. That's what I have to do now. My leader has recently died, and I was the deputy. Now I'm in control when I hadn't even wanted to be a warrior. I have to deal with betrayals, death, and ancient prophecies.
My name is Waterstar. That wasn't always my name. I use to be a normal cat, like you. My name was Waterheart. But then things started happening. My father loved me so, so much. He loved me even more after my littermates died and I was his only one left. I didn't ask for this destiny, but it happened.
My life takes place after the time of this place the Elders call the Lake. It takes place after the stories the Elders tell us their Elders called the Forest. We don't live in either of those places now. By the time you are hearing this story it might be a legend. It might be after the New Territory. It might be after what my cats call the New Era. It might be just a story your Elders tell you. But I assure you, it's real.

Chapter 1
The Death of a Miracle

Walking through the camp, she heard soft whispering from all the cats of Thunderclan. Waterheart was about to ask Farrowpaw, her apprentice, what was going on when a loner who was a close friend of the Thunderclan leader named Keero ran up to her. He was panting as if he'd just ran from a mountain of adders and badgers.
"What's wrong Keero?" She asked cautiously. He may be a friend of Gorsestar but that didn't mean he was a clanmate. The dark brown tabby struggled for breath before he said in one quick sentence, "Gorsestar has greencough."
Waterheart ran to her leader's den to find the medicine cat, Jaymoon, was outside pacing back and forth. The sunset gleamed off of the tom's grey pelt as he looked toward the deputy.
"Is it true?" The blue-eyed she-cat had heavy fear and dread in her voice. Gorsestar was currently on his last life and if he lost that then.... I'd be leader, Waterheart thought to herself. It felt like boulders had just entered her stomach.
Jaymoon nodded his head sadly as he sighed. The medicine cat sat down and looked rigid. Only he knew that she hadn't wanted to be in any kind of high position.
Waterheart's muzzle trembled as she entered the sleeping place of her leader. And there he was, coughing up a storm. She ran to his side and kept him from falling over. It was the start of leafbare and a kit had gotten whitecough and Gorsestar hadn't left her side. And now he was paying for it.
"Are you alright? Do you need any herbs?" She asked franticly.
"Calm down, Waterheart. I'm old, it's about time I lost my 9th life," Gorsestar said with a chuckle and loud cough at the end. This was the worst case of sickness she'd ever seen.
"Calm down?! How can I?" Her voice was still scared and apprehensive. Gorsestar just shook his head and looked toward her. It was like he was trying to show her his entire life with his eyes.
The broken down tom shook his head once again and lay down. Not even his tail moved because he was so sick. How is it that I leave for hunting patrol barely after midday and he gets GREENCOUGH? Waterheart thought.
When he was young Gorsestar had his very own prophecy, and it looked like it was coming true. She recited it in her head;

In the begging, a new leader shall have everything
In the end, that leader shall be wise
But in the middle, he will have a choice not many a forest cat can do
And he may not chose right
Everyone thought it was his decision to make her deputy, but she knew it was his mistake. Never in her life had she wanted to in charge. Never in her life had she wanted to grow up. And never, had she wanted Gorsestar to die. Especially since he was her father.
The area around her eyes dampened as she saw him take very raggedy breaths. He didn't have much time left. Waterheart got up and sat down next to Gorsestar and started sharing tounges. It would be the last time she would be able to.
For hours she stayed there, looking at and talking to her father about the past. Right now they were on the subject of when she had accidently went into Riverclan territory. When she waited for a reply from Gorsestar, she noticed that it was silent. She looked over to her right where she knew something awaited.
Waterheart's body started shaking with grief as she saw the body that once held the spirit of a miracle. She shakily got to her paws and put her nose to his flank before limping toward the entrance of the den where Jaymoon was.
She nodded to him and his head fell down with a whimper. The elders came and got the body out into the middle of camp. Every cat came out and touched their noses to him and sat down near him. When she went over at last and her muzzle brushed him, she broke down and fell and just stayed there.
When the sun broke out above the trees of the forest, the 6 elders carried him to the place of his burial.
"Come on Waterheart. We need to go to my den," Jaymoon nudged her with his tail as she got up on her weak paws. It felt like she'd just had a battle with every cat in the forest.
She finally made it to the medicine cat's den and sat down on his patient moss bed. She knew what he wanted to talk about. And she was dreading it.
"You need to go to the Mooncave," He said with sympathy.
She nodded her head to his sentence. She always knew that it was this way, or die before her father. She wished it was the second one.

Last edited by Smoke on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Smoke
Smoke

https://newerarp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~2~

Post by Smoke Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Chapter 2
The Power Of Nine Lives

After eating the herbs and choosing 3 cats to accompany Waterheart to the Mooncave, she was incredibly nervous. Right now they were in Shadowclan territory and recently they haven't been on good terms with each other. If a patrol found them then they'd be goners.
Out of them all, there were 2 she-cats and 2 toms. She brought her apprentice, Farrowpaw as well as his sister Sparrowpaw. The warrior she had come with them was Massclaw, a handsome grey and black tom with large claws. But she hadn't brought him because of his looks. Oh no, she brought him because he was the clans best fighter. She thought if they got into a fight with a border patrol they'd have enough strength to get away.
Massclaw started flirting with Waterheart until she told him to shut up. Ugh, I wish he were more behaved. My father JUST died and he's hitting on me, she thought with slight disgust. She knew that if he really liked her, he'd get over it since she vowed never to take a mate after what happened when she was an apprentice.
The 2 siblings talked quietly and carefully, as to not draw attention while the deputy and warrior walked alongside each other. One trying to protect, the other looking out for her group.
After a very long walk that had lasted until sundown, they arrived at the cave that she had been dreading so much.
"Sparrowpaw, Farrowpaw, you may rest out here. Massclaw, stay on alert. If something happens don't be afraid to go into the cave. But for now, I wish to go in alone." She stated before turning around and moving toward the entrance.
Right before she went in, Waterheart breathed out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Her paws and mind tingled with excitement even though there was a bit of dread. She headed into the pitch blackness without looking back.
She had a bit of trouble getting to the area she needed to be. She even had her face run into the wall once. Moonhigh was going to happen soon, so she hurried up, smashing her muzzle twice more in the process.
Once she got the large room there was just a little light from the opening in the ceiling. From what her father had told her, this place was much like an ancient place where old cats used to go named the Moonstones. She shook her head from the thought of Gorsestar and gaited to the middle of the room.
Suddenly, the entire room was filled with light. Waterheart was absolutely astonished at the sight. The walls were now glowing white and the floor was reflecting the night sky, with the stars and the moon.
She didn't know why, but she walked over to the moon reflection and lay down on it. She soon fell into a heavy, deep sleep.

When Waterheart opened her eyes, she found she was no longer in the cave. Instead she was in a forest that wasn't anywhere she knew. She also saw 9 cats in front of her. But only 3 stuck out. Gorsestar, Bearpaw, and an orange cat she had never met.
"Welcome Waterheart, to your ceremony. You will be given a life by each of us, for within our own lives, they are what represented us." She looked toward the source of the voice and saw her mother, Blueleaf. A smile spread across her muzzle as Blueleaf came up to her.
"Hello sweetheart," She whispered to her daughter before stating loudly, "With this life, I give you the ability to understand. You will need this for when a cat in your clan may be unfairly accused." Waterheart touched noses with her mother and felt calmness and trust flow through her body. She felt as if she could know the facts about everything and anything.
Blueleaf trotted back to where she as before and sat down like the rest of them. Next, the cat sitting beside Waterheart's mother came up. This time it was Hollowtail, an old elder whom Waterheart had crowded around in her apprenticeship to hear her stories.
"In your future, you will need to speak in front of many cats and say the truth when they won't want to know it. To aid you in this, I give with this life, confidence." Hollowtail put her muzzle on Waterheart's nose. Bravery filled through every pore of her body and she realized this must have been what it felt like to the elder when she told epics.
Hollowtail returned to her spot and up came the cat she really wanted to see. Bearpaw. "Hello, Waterp- Waterheart," He whispered warmly to her. She almost giggled at his mistake when she remembered that he'd never known her by her warrior name. Bearpaw had once been a Shadowclan apprentice that had she had met. They saw each other in secret until they fell in love. And until he was crushed under the paws of a monster. She shook her head slightly to get the memory out of her head, but it was still barely there.
"With this life, I give you commitment," Dread filled her body at her old mate's choice of words. "So when a cat needs help, you will be able to for as long as needed. I miss you," He whispered the last part and Waterheart's eyes filled with sadness as they touched noses. She expected almost the same feeling her mother gave her, but no. Instead she got this ferocious inability to give up on anything, as if she weren't about to lose.
After he went back, Gorsestar came up. With no introduction or anything of himself. He just showed peace in his eyes.
"With this life, I give you courage," He said touching his nose to her head, "Use it right when you judge the actions of others." A hard and agonizing pain entered her as she closed her eyes from the hurt.
Gorsestar joined the other cats and another one came up. This cat was Lightningpaw, her brother who had died from a border fight. Awe flowed through her when she saw his yellow eyes, once again sparkling with mischief. "With this life I give you endless energy," He meowed to his sister. "Use it well to carry out the choices of a leader." When the life went into her, she felt ready to do anything. Go anywhere. See everything. She could just feel the wind from running flowing through her fur as if she were actually going through the forest on a sunny day.
The next cat who came up to her was Steelfeather, her old friend from Riverclan. "With this life I give you protection," He touched her muzzle to her head. A jolt of fury and ferocity. It was like she could claw out anyone's tail to save her friends. "Use it well to look after your clan."
After Steelfeather joined the rest, another cat came up. She had 3 more lives to go and she was tired. The effects from Lightningpaw's life were wearing out.
Her grandmother, Treepelt, was now standing in front of her. "With this life, I give you mentoring," She started. "Use it when the young of your clan is need of instructions." When Treepelt put her nose against Waterheart's head, she felt wisdom and patience filled throughout her entire body. Her grandmother walked back into her place and sat down.
A new cat whom she didn't see came up to her. This she-cat had blue-ish fur and kind, old eyes. The kind of a leader. "Hello Waterheart. My name is Bluestar and I am old Thunderclan leader from many moons ago," Bluestar walked up to the living cat and placed her nose against her head. "With this life I give you nobility and certainty and faith" Bluestar started, as if she had already said these words. "Use it well as you lead your clan in the ways of Starclan and the warrior code." (Ooc: See what I did there ;)) Agonizing pain poured through Waterheart's body as she shivered and groaned. She could barely stand up now. She turned away, with the last of 9 cats emerging from it's ranks.
This was the cat she didn't recognize in the beginning. His coat was flaming orange, as if it were made of fire.
He dipped his head in greeting and introduced himself. "My name is Firestar, I was once a Thunderclan leader who saved the old forest we used to live in," He said to her. "Suitable name," She replied to him, bowing her head. He softly chuckled as he he continued on.
"With this life, I give you undeniable bravery." Pride and several emotions flowed through body. She saw flashes of an ancient battle from Firestar's point of view as he raced across a field with 4 large trees and tackled many cats. She held herself higher with a gleam in her eyes. "Use it well as you guide your clan and even other clans through battles. You will need it." Firestar had this kind of warning in his eyes.
After he joined the 9 cats, Blueleaf spoke out.
"Congratulations, daughter. You have received your nine lives. From this moment on, you will no longer be known as Waterheart, but Waterstar." The cats all chanted her name like a regular clan would with a brand new warrior.
But as it all faded away, they all looked unhappy and troubled. Everything disappeared except for Bearpaw. Has he wanted to talk to me personally? Waterstar thought to herself.
Instead, he spoke to her in an ominous voice as the room lit on fire. At first she was scared but then realized the fire wouldn't hurt her.

"Water is the only one who can quench
the darkness that the heart of fire stirred.
All will be full of peace until the agony of claws
arrive to all the clans.
Lion and Tiger have not finished their battle."
A chill went down Waterstar's spine as she listened to those spoken words. As she looked at her old mate, he seemed to be saying sorry with his eyes.
The scene soon changed to the cave, where she smelled smoke. She quickly got up and out of the now dark cave. When she got out, she was greeted by Massclaw.
"Hello, Waterhe- Waterstar. Is everything alright? I thought I smelled smoke." The tom asked her.
She nodded her head and told him she needed to get back to camp and talk to Jaymoon as soon as possible. She didn't have a clue of what that prophecy meant, so maybe he would have an idea.

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Re: Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story-

Post by Electrically Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Wow this is really good! I can't wait to see what happens next.
Electrically
Electrically

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Re: Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story-

Post by Rawwrness Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

I agree with El. This is very good :3 No rush on the next chappie or anything though!
Rawwrness
Rawwrness

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 am

Really?! Thanks! I'm mostly just coming up with stuff as I go so... yeah...
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Can't wait for more!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

I could do kind of a manga version of this in my spare time. You saw how my art is; people might like a visual aid!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 pm

That would be great! When I (eventually) come up with Waterstar's future I'll tell you so you can have a bit of time to do everything :DDDD
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~3~

Post by Smoke Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:23 am

Chapter 3
Where Art Thou, Deputy?

As Waterstar finished the long run back to camp, she heard heavy panting from behind her. She turned her head and saw Farrowpaw and Sparrowpaw heaving out their lungs.
She stopped at the entrance to her home and told the apprentices they could go take a rest. Waterstar was already planning out the day in her mind. I need to appoint a deputy, and soon... There's Exerflight- No he hasn't had an apprentice yet. There's also-, the new leader had trouble picking a new deputy. It had to be one she could trust and put the care of her clan in if she had to go away. One that would also make a good leader.
Suddenly, her father's voice came into mind. Redstorm. He is honest and wise, which makes up for his age, it said.
Waterstar nodded her head. Redstorm was the perfect deputy. He wasn't ambitious. Oh no, he was quite the opposite. He always put others before himself. Waterstar could respect that.
Before the clan meeting she went to Jaymoon to talk about the prophecy Bearpaw had given her.
"Huh. Well water obviously means you. But what's the heart of fire? And who are Lion and Tiger?" The medicine cat wondered aloud after she told him her dream.
"Hmm. Wait I know it! It's on the tip of my tongue. It was an old Thunderclan deputy! Ugh, what is it?" He started to pace the room.
Suddenly the tom stopped in his tracks. He seemed to be frozen with fear. "I know exactly who it's talking about," He looked at Waterstar. "And you aren't going to like it."
"So?! Whether I like it or not, I need to know Jaymoon," She replied with an annoyed tone. She couldn't dilly dally all day with the medicine cat pacing around the room.
The tom sighed and had a defeated look in his eyes. He started mumbling to himself and paced around the room again. Waterstar facepawed herself. Whenever Jaymoon had something important to say, he would take forever to lay it all out in his mind and say it perfectly.
Finally, after 5 minutes of pointless waiting, his head shot up. "Tiger and Lion are ancient clans that were temporary among the forest cats. Lionclan and Tigerclan were their names. And their leader's were, I believe, Tigerstar and Firestar," Waterstar tensed up at the ginger toms name. How could it have been he was a leader of Lionclan when he was leader of Thunderclan?
"You look like you know something I don't Waterstar," Jaymoon mewed.
"No, no. Please continue."
"Alright," He looked a bit apprehensive now. "Tigerstar betrayed his clan, Thunderclan and was driven out by Bluestar and Firestar when he was deputy. I believe his name was Firehearth. No it was Fireheart, sorry," Suddenly Jaymoon stopped.
"AHA!" Waterstar jumped when he shouted. "The heart of fire must mean Firestar when he was a warrior! I am so smart," He said with a purr.
Waterstar just rolled her eyes at the slightly older cat. "That doesn't mean you know what the 'agony of claws' means."
"Oh but it does. Tigerstar's warrior name was TigerCLAW. So that must mean Tigerstar has a descendant of some kind," Jaymoon stated.
The leader just shook her head. It was time to announce the deputy to the clan before sundown. After saying goodbye to the medicine cat, she went out to the field. Thunderclan was surrounded by yellow rose bushes, and gave them a large amount of protection. It all slid into a large valley where the dens were placed under small rock caves. But what stood out most of all, was the huge rock that overlooked the entire camp. Only the leader was allowed up there, so he/she could speak to the entire clan at one time. It was known as the Tallrock
"All cat's that are in or past their apprenticeship, gather beneath the Tallrock for a clan meeting!" Her voice bellowed throughout the valley, and all the cats stuck their head out of their dens or looked up at her. She was now on top of the huge rock, and it felt weird yet natural for her.
After all her cats were gathered beneath her, Waterstar started. "Cats of Thunderclan, my name is now Waterstar, and I hope you accept as your leader. I promise to always lead you fairly and truly, just as my father before me," Some cats nodded at her, others looked on with distaste.
"The time has come for me to appoint my first deputy. That deputy will be Redstorm," Murmurs of approval spread through the cats like a wildfire as the new deputy looked shocked and pleased at the same time.
Redstorm jumped half way up the Tallrock, where deputies were suppose to stay during a clan meeting and bowed his head toward the entire clan.
"Do you promise to help me take care of this clan with your life, Redstorm? And to protect it with all your heart?" She said, reciting the ancient oath.
"I do," Redstorm replied, seeming very content.
"Then Thunderclan welcome you as it's deputy. Congratulations."
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~4~

Post by Smoke Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Chapter 4
Ancient Enemies and Allies
Never- EVER- Last

It was a week after Gorsestar died and Waterstar became leader. She was now leading her clan to her first Gathering as leader, and was extremely nervous. The blue-eyed she-cat was nervous about what the other clans would think of her, since she was known to be a bit... unwanted.
Waterstar also thought about their reaction to the news of Gorsestar's death. She knew it would probably not end well, but she also knew she had to do her best and try.
As the new Thunderclan leader arrived to the Gathering place called Fourstones, there were murmurs and shocked expressions among the 3 other clans that were already there. She looked on top of the 4 boulders where clan leaders told the others of how their clan was doing or if there was some kind of average enemy moving from territory to territory, like a fox or badger.
Oddstar, leader of Riverclan, welcomed her. "Welcome Waterheart. Where is Gorsestar?" The leader asked as Waterstar jumped onto the stones.
"Thank you for the greeting, but my name is now Waterstar. And regarding my father, he has passed on to Starclan from Greencough," She answered.
The 3 leaders all looked shocked and sad, even Aloestar, leader of Shadowclan. The leader of Windclan, Markstar, gave his condolences to the she-cat before calling all the cats to listen. They soon became quiet and looked up with slight confusion at Waterstar as she walked to the edge of the stones.
"Hello cats of the forests. You all knew my father, Gorsestar. I am afraid to say he has joined Starclan now," Whispers of shock and sadness washed through every cat. They had all grew to love Gorsestar. After all, who couldn't?
"He died of Greencough 7 suns ago on his last life and received my new name, Waterstar, 6 suns ago. My new deputy is Redstorm, since he seemed to be a cat my father would easily approve of," Her voice was loud compared to the still talking cats that had more than heard her.
Although, a few Windclan apprentices started rumors that would later harm her...
Aloestar went to the edge and started, "Shadowclan has been better, but it has also been worse. There is plenty of prey and we are full, but there seems to be a problem that is about just that. We have made more frequent border patrols recently, because we scented Windclan cats in our territory."
"What?! That's preposterous!" Markstar yelled out. Waterstar looked in between the two toms. She hoped they wouldn't start a fight at a Gathering.
"Hah! Then why did I see with my own eyes YOUR deputy hunting in my territory!?" Waterstar was shocked. Aloestar may be rude, but he was NOT a liar.
A huge argument started among the warriors and leaders. Oddstar stood next to Markstar while Waterstar just stood on the edge, looking down at her warriors as they looked at her. She had no idea what to do. She looked toward Redstorm for help, and he gave it.
"QUIET!" His voice bellowed out, louder than any others. Waterstar started wondering why Starclan didn't stop the Gathering as Redstorm told them to let her talk.
Suddenly, courage from Hollowtail filled Waterstar as she huffed a breath and stood up and got in between the 3 leaders. She looked each one in the eye before stating, "Stop fighting. Now." Everyone who saw her face was beyond scared. She was radiating bravery and anger as she continued.
"How dare you fight on such precious grounds! Starclan would be disappointed in all of your clans! When leaders fight, their warriors will as well. Only my clan stayed quiet while yours bickered about silly little things," She mewed loudly.
"Silly? Did you just say silly? I don't care your father was Gorsestar, so don't act like your so noble and better then us Waterstar!" Oddstar exclaimed. Her clan and Windclan rooted for her.
Waterstar nodded her head in understanding. She saw how it was now. "How about instead of not caring about me, you stop caring about what's going on between other clans?! You and your ancestors always loved being included, just to be in the spotlight," She spat out.
Oddstar snarled as she tackled the Thunderclan leader. Clouds instantly covered the once clear sky and Windclan fled. Waterstar scratched and kicked the other leader off of her and returned to the favor of tackling. It was obvious who would've been victorious in this fight had it not been for Aloestar dragging the blue-eyed she-cat off of Oddstar. Waterstar hissed at the retreating she-cat leader and the rest of her clan as her warriors looked up at her.
Waterstar sighed. A heavy weight came onto her shoulders as she faced Thunderclan and Shadowclan.
"I apologize for my actions," She said before jumping off the stones.
She ran with her clan back to camp. Throughout the entire way, she went over how she probably started a war.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty New Area :)

Post by Smoke Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 am

Okie, so here are what the new territories look like in my story!
Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS_RoaNId2zES0l6EJRlaeGMPxh0rgGKPooX-Cb002Leh_N4zGCw
Windclan Territory ^

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvNadCT1F6ivE-4fuALAndFWy0HuDqv_DYWXZUMwT-b_xkBZEa
Shadowclan Territory ^

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHR5lRVauIzZrmj4MrQuNj5o2pKlqh2Al6fCn_Qo-sKjddKoxO
Riverclan Territory ^

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF77Mp_S7N6w-HmHHhPZJ9XRjCKW2CDRSEFQkXylXvSv8pnNi3
Thunderclan Territory ^
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:36 am

I'm working on page one of the manga / comic.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Chapter ~5~
New Warriors

The day after the eventful Gathering, Waterstar yawned as just a tad of sunshine found it's way into her mossy den. After she had woken up fully and stretched, she trotted out into the field of her camp. Redstorm, Massclaw, Sparrowpaw, and Fiercestream were coming through the entrance to the camp from morning patrol.
The leader walked over to her deputy and exchanged greetings. "Any sign of the other clans?" She asked as they walked toward the fresh kill pile that was small from lack of hunting the previous day.
"No, Waterstar. All seems to be normal around or borders." Redstorm answered. She nodded in reply.
"Well then, I would like you to organize a hunting party. We need to feed Goldenstorm's newborn kits soon," Waterstar mewed. The tom went off to do just that when she spotted Jaymoon right outside his den. She also noticed he seemed a bit... edgy.
The leader walked over to Jaymoon and asked, "What's wrong? Did something happen?" The medicine cat just shook his head. "Then what happened?"
"I'll speak about it later, Waterstar," And with that, he went into the den.
Waterstar huffed out a breath and went over things in her mind. If Riverclan and Windclan join forces, then wouldn't I need to become one with Shadowclan? No no no, I don't need to do that. But then I'd be leaving Aloestar at the merciless paws of Oddstar and Markstar. And what about that prophecy? Does that have anything to do with this? We still have no definite idea who the claw is. It could be Huntclaw from Shadowclan, Climbclaw from Windclan, or even Brownclaw from my own clan, then she thought of the old Shadowclan leader, Tigerstar. It's possible the Dark Forest followed Starclan here. After all, where would all the disgraceful warriors go?
Suddenly, a yowl of excitement came from the apprentice's den. Waterstar quickly walked over there and saw Redstorm chuckling, while Farrowpaw and Sparrowpaw did some kind of... happy dance?
"I said I'd talk to her about it, not that it's going to happen in a second," The deputy said the apprentice's.
"Talk to who about what?" Waterstar said, coming into view of the 3 cats.
"Talk to you about our warrior ceremony!" Sparrowpaw didn't seem able to hold her tounge.
The young leader chuckled softly before stating, "You are both more than ready, so when would you like to have it take place?"
"NOW!" They both yelled.
Redstorm and Waterstar laughed at the eagerness before the deputy replied, "Well, I don't see why not."
"Neither do I. I'll call the clan together in a moment," Waterstar said with a smile on her muzzle. She walked out of the den and toward the Tallrock. She was bursting with pride that she would be able to give her apprentice his warrior name, as well as his sister's. They would also be the first new warriors under Waterstar. Then she thought about her father, and how he would've made them wait a bit longer to help get rid of their eager excitement. She shook the thought away and jumped onto the boulder.
"All cat's that are in or past their apprenticeship, gather beneath the Tallrock for a clan meeting!" She yelled out for the second time in her leadership.
Most of the cats had puzzlement on their faces, while others purred at the sight of Sparrowpaw and Farrowpaw practically bouncing.
"I, Waterstar, leader of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices," She started, glancing at the 2 young cats. They'd worked hard and passed their assesments, so they more than deserved this. "They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn."
Waterstar jumped down from the Tallrock and stood in front of Sparrowpaw. She recollected what her father had once said to her and changed it to match this apprentice.
"Sparrowpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" She remembered what it felt like to be in the young she-cats position and a slight grin came across her face.
"I do." Sparrowpaw replied in a strong voice.
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Sparrowpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Sparrowwind. Starclan honors your determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan," She stated, putting her muzzle on the new warriors head. She licked the leader shoulder before Waterstar turned to Farrowpaw.
Pride gleamed in her eyes as she looked at her apprentice. "Farrowpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" She repeated the words she had said to his sister.
"I do." He said the same as his sibling.
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Farrowpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Farrowdive. Starclan honors your forethought, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan." Farrowdive did the same of what Sparrowwind did and the clan started cheering their names in unison.
"Sparrowwind! Farrowdive! Sparrowwind! Farrowdive!" They both looked at their clanmates with awe and pure happiness, while Waterstar looked at her clan with pride. They had warmed up to her as leader, and she was as blissful as ever.
Suddenly a scream came from Runningclaw as she had run away from the entrance to camp. From that direction, Mountlife, a warrior of Shadowclan came into view with one of his eyes badly scratched.
"Riverclan and Windclan are attacking our camp!" He yelled out.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~6~

Post by Smoke Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 am

Chapter 6
It's Starting

As Waterstar was organizing groups to go into Shadowclan camp, she had known when the warrior ceremony was going on, deep in her heart there was a voice saying it wouldn't last. And it didn't.
"Destinyheart, grab 6 others and attack from the front. Brownclaw, grab the rest and lay them out all around so no cat can escape in the beginning." She yelled out. They were currently running into Shadowclan territory, slowly getting closer and closer to the camp.
She was absolutely dreading this part. She had 2 choices, let Shadowclan be destroyed by Oddstar and Markstar, or make it seem like she and Aloestar were joining forces. It was well known that Shadowclan and Thunderclan didn't get along, so if they did become allies they would more than likely fight amongst themselves.
She was next to Destinyheart, one of the few cats she personally trusted, and was about to go through the brambly entrance. Jaymoon, a few warriors, and Mountlife stayed back at camp.
Waterstar ran through with a piercing battle yowl. Aloestar looked up from his battle with the Windclan and Riverclan leaders and mouthed 'thank you to' as she ran next to him. She tackled Markstar to the ground, leaving Aloestar with Oddstar.
The large tom retaliated with a bite to Waterstar's neck, barely missing the jugular. The Thunderclan leader realized he'd just tried to take her life and scratched his face. Markstar pushed Waterstar off of him with unsheathed claws. She scrambled back a bit before she lunged toward him. Death seemed to be imminent in this battle. A few Windclan and Thunderclan warriors stopped fighting to watch their leader's battle.
Waterstar scratched his right flank as he bit her once again on the shoulder. She yowled in pain and grabbed his tail with her teeth. She pulled and Markstar was thrown back, but not by much. She looked to her left and saw Aloestar on the ground, with Oddstar about to claw the heavy breathing tom in the neck. She ran forward quickly and got there in the nick of time and ran into Oddstar, biting her leg in the process. Oddstar screamed and clammed her jaws onto Waterstar's neck fur. Her head exploded with pain as she shortly shrieked. It was a feeble shriek, but a defiant one.
She quickly escaped the Riverclan leader's grasp and looked her in the eyes for a split second. They seemed to be completely... black. She glanced at Markstar's eyes and they were the same. A feeling of horror climbed it's way through Waterstar's body as Oddstar jumped onto her. In self-defense, the light grey she-cat pushed with her unsheathed hind legs into the Riverclan leader's stomach. She flew back and hit one of the tone dens. She seemed to be unconscious and all of Riverclan cat's fighting stopped immediately. Even a few Windclan cats turned to look at the injured leader.
Deafstripe, Riverclan's deputy, yelled out, "Retreat Riverclan! Retreat!" He grabbed Oddstar by the scruff and ran out. It seemed as if he didn't care about her tail dragging against the rocky ground. Just as long as he got away.
Waterstar finally noticed Markstar above Aloestar, looking invincible. The body of the Shadowclan leader wasn't moving, didn't even look to be breathing.
Waterstar's breath hitched in her throat before she yelled out a loud screech. Markstar looked at her, fear plain across his face. She chased him to the entrance of the camp until she caught up to the lean cat. She bit the beginning of his tail and dragged her teeth to the edge, taking all the fur with her. The Windclan leader screeched as he ran through the entrance to the camp, his warriors following him.
It was just Shadowclan and Thunderclan now, she realized. She turned around and saw everyone looking at her in shock. They all knew she didn't like Aloestar, so it was probably shocking to see her run over to his side.
She nudged his body with her muzzle, making him gasp back to life. Aloestar looked around frantically until he caught Waterstar's eyes. His hackles lowered as his head fell against the hard ground.
Specklecloud came over to him and started saying things to him. Waterstar took this as her cue to leave and gathered her warriors. After all her warriors started leaving, she trotted over to Banfur, Shadowclan's deputy.
"Tell Aloestar I need to talk to him. We need to figure out where we stand right now, what with the other clans becoming hostile," He nodded his head in reply.
"Should I tell him when to meet you?"
"Yes, have him meet me at the Grassfield in 2 days. The sooner we speak, the better."
She concluded with the tom and lead her clan back to camp. She was incredibly thankful no one had been lost, but there were some very serious injuries. This was going to be a long 2 days.

Last edited by Smoke on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 am

Smoke you went from 5 to 7. Might want to fix that.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Ooc: :O oh yeah. I hate typos -.-
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~7~

Post by Smoke Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Chapter ~7~
7 Cats

It had been a few hours since her clan had arrived back at camp, and Waterstar was itching to speak with Jaymoon. The medicine cat had gone to work immediately on the injured cats while all the apprentices helped him by gathering herbs and chewing them up. Farrowdive hadn't left his sister's side, since she had a huge gash on her left flank.
Waterstar blamed herself for this. Sadness and pride filled through her as she looked at her half-wounded clan. There were many injures and no deaths and that she was thankful for. Her clan seemed happy that they'd helped Shadowclan out and just laughed everything off. They were handling the aggression from Windclan and Riverclan quite well. She owed the calmness of Thunderclan to her father. He'd prepared them for any kind of threat possible. Fires, floods, war, rouges, dogs, you name it and he prepared them for it. If anything, Thunderclan was the most ready for anything as it had ever been.
Jaymoon walked up to Waterstar and sighed before saying, "So it was Riverclan and Windclan that attacked Shadowclan?"
The leader sadly shook her head. Everyone knew that those 2 clans usually hated each other, since they were pretty much opposites. Water and air had to exist with each other but if they became one then the bubble wouldn't last for long. It was the same with Thunderclan and Shadowclan. Lightning lights up the sky, getting rid of shadows. Without darkness, thunder wouldn't sound so scary or dangerous.
"We need to talk in your den as soon as you can leave the cats with Redstorm." Waterstar said to the tom. He nodded his head and turned around. He whispered something into the deputy's ear before following the leader into his den.
"Jaymoon, there was something wrong with Markstar and Oddstar," She looked him dead in the eye. She remembered how theirs were completely black and had a menacing feel. Jaymoon looked at her curiously.
"How so?" He questioned.
Waterstar shook her head with her eyes closed and explained everything to Jaymoon. She was worried about what this would mean to the cats of the forest. And especially on the warriors of Riverclan and Windclan. They didn't know something was wrong with their leaders. Heck, the leaders could even be lying to them just so they think they're doing the right thing.
"Well... that's not good," The medicine cat said mostly to himself.
The leader rolled her eyes. "Obviously," She mewed.
Jaymoon raised his paws as if to say 'don't get your claws in a knit'. He quickly put them down and said, "I wonder what the black eyes mean. We know it wasn't really Markstar and Oddstar since they were very good cats. They never liked fighting, and to bring one to Shadowclan's front door... it's just not them."
Waterstar shrugged her shoulders in confusion. Then something came to her mind. "I thought it'd be important for you to know that Aloestar lost a life."
The medicine cat looked at her with his eyes wide. "Who did it?"
"... Markstar."
"Uh-oh... we really aren't dealing with Markstar and Oddstar," He replied. Waterstar and Jaymoon started pacing the room in sync, deep in thought. After 10 minutes of walking around, Jaymoon's head snapped up.
"If Aloestar lost a life, then that must mean that Starclan might've told him something!" He said.
Waterstar just looked at him confused. "Oh yeah, you have all 9 lives. Well when a leader dies, they get a small peek at Starclan and meet a cat from there. That cat will tell them that they lost a life, or sometimes they'll tell them something very important."
The leader made a small 'oh' sound and nodded her head. Suddenly, Redstorm ran into the den. Alarm filled Waterstar's eyes as she looked at him.
"There are Riverclan warriors here, Waterstar," he quickly said.
Waterstar's hackle raised as she ran out and into the field. The sight wasn't something she expected. There were 5 Riverclan warriors and 2 Windclan warriors. Her fur slightly lowered since they showed no threat and she cautiously approached them.
They had just come out of the entrance to the camp and everyone's eyes were on the 7 cats. Among them, a Riverclan warrior named Frostpelt came out. Waterstar eyed him suspiciously.
"What are you all doing here?" She asked with a dangerously calm voice. They looked scared and apprehensive except for Frostpelt who was just the latter.
"We left our clans. Markstar and Oddstar aren't themselves, so we came here for refuge." Now that she thought about it, the 7 cats weren't really fighting at the Shadowclan camp. Just standing to the side refusing to fight.
Waterstar narrowed her eyes at them. She could spot a lie from a mile away and there were none on her radius. "We would love to you give a place to eat and sleep in exchange for information."
Frostpelt nodded his head and thanked her. She pulled him away from his small group and over toward her den. She planned on interrogating him. Thoroughly.
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~8~

Post by Smoke Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 am

Chapter ~8~
Vital Information

With Frostpelt following her through the camp and into the den, Waterstar started to think about the kind of questions she would ask the tom. Most certainly about Oddstar and Markstar's behavior, but it would be good to question any made up motives Riverclan and Windclan had before they left. If there would be another camp raid Waterstar would be more than happy to when and where.
The Thunderclan leader went through the ferns that led into her den. Her den was placed -if you were facing it- on the left of the Tallrock in a medium sized cave that could fit about 5 large cats at once. Waterstar had never been comfortable in here since Gorsestar's death but she figured she'd need to get over it soon.
Waterstar turned around and sat in the middle back of her sleeping place, studying Frostpelt. He looked nervous and tired as he looked back at her.
"Give me a full description of why you left, and don't try anything stupid. After all, I'm the one with 9 lives here," She with her eyes narrowing at the end. She couldn't seem soft and push able to any cat so making them keep their guard up was a good way.
Frostpelt opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again. He did this about 3 more times before Waterstar heaved a sigh. Not another Jaymoon! She thought.
"Do I need to get a Windclan warrior to tell me?" She asked.
The blue-white tom looked highly appalled. It comforted Waterstar that some cats remain the same to other clans at this time. Even she was becoming nicer around Shadowclan. "No," He started, "I don't need one of rabbit chasing mouse-brains to explain our situation."
Waterstar slightly grinned before nodding to him, telling Frostpelt to continue. "It all started about half a moon before the last gathering. I noticed Oddstar changed. Stopped caring about kits, elders, and even made a few 4 moon old kits into apprentices!" The Riverclan warrior snarled toward the end. He was probably close with either the kit or the kit's parent.
Frostpelt slightly shook his head to gather his thoughts together again. "Sometimes, when she was in a really bad mood, her eyes seemed to have been a shade of black. Then, Markstar started coming to our camp and even had a few warriors stay with us. It was the same with the Windclan leader as well, with his behavior and eyes. They would.. bring cats into Oddstar's den and they would leave, exactly like the 2. It had been my turn to go in, but once I saw what was inside, I gathered my sister, friends and 2 of the Windclan apprentices who were staying with us to run."
The Thunderclan leader slightly froze. They were doing stuff... to their own clan?! Curiosity filled Waterstar as she gave Frostpelt a skeptic look and asked, "What did you see in there?"
Frostpelt seemed to be filled with fear as a glazed over look came into his eyes. "I saw... Markstar kill Oddstar."

As Waterstar was running at full speed in the forest with Jaymoon, Frostpelt, Tailpaw, and Brightbrook, she went over what she had done after Frostpelt had told her the news of Oddstar's... death.
~FLASHBACK~
Waterstar's eyes widened as she took in the story the Riverclan warrior just told her. "A-Are you sure?"
Frostpelt shivered and nodded his head slowly. He looked ashamed, for some reason. "What life was Oddstar on?"
"It... it didn't matter what life she was on. Markstar somehow had," He gulped deeply before continuing. "He somehow cut her head off." If it was possible, the Thunderclan leader's eyes stretched even more. "Stay here," She firmly commanded. Frostpelt nodded his head, too tired and sore from the run here to even object.
Waterstar quickly went to gather Redstorm and go into Jaymoon's den where the medicine cat was treating the cuts the other 6 cats had received on the way to Thunderclan camp.
"Jaymoon, we need to talk. NOW." Redstorm whisper yelled in the grey tom's ear. His eyes perked up as he finished putting cobwebs on Tailpaw and followed the other 2 into his sleeping quarters.
"What happened?" He asked immediately.
Waterstar breathed in sharply before saying, "Oddstar is dead."
Jaymoon's eyes widened, as did the deputy's. She hadn't told Redstorm yet, so it was expected.
"What?"
"How?" They both said at the same time.
"Markstar somehow cut her head off." She answered them. Redstorm looked as is he were going to gag while Jaymoon's jaw had dropped.
Waterstar looked toward the dry-heaving cat and told him to eat some herbs before he ruined Jaymoon's den and told the medicine cat to help him out. She excused herself after telling them she was going to hold a clan meeting and tell her clan what had happened.
She quickly trotted to the Tallrock and jumped up. Many cats looked up at her and started walking toward the large boulder.
"Cats in or past their apprenticeship, gather beneath the Tallrock for an emergency clan meeting." Many of her cats looked at each other with apprehension and a small bit of fear scent found it's way to the leader's nose.
"I advise all kits to be taken somewhere else so they do not need to hear the following" She stated. Goldenstorm and Moonleaf picked up Yellowkit and Finchkit -Goldenstorm's, Moonleaf was still waiting to kit-, taking them into the nursery before the first she-cat came back out.
Waterstar looked down and saw her clan. Courage from her 2nd life ran through her body as she started. "Oddstar is dead. She died in a gruesome, horrible way and was not herself at the time. I personally hope she is running with Starclan now. But that is not the most important thing. Oddstar was killed by the Windclan leader Markstar."
Many protests and murmurs of shock spread beneath the cats below. Some were yelling out why, while others asked the thing she didn't want to tell them. How.
"Markstar beheaded her in her own den." The clan fell silent.
"I am leading a small group to the Shadowclan camp to tell them of the news, and I need cats to act as that group." Many of her clan spoke out, but the loudest were the 4 she would take with. Jaymoon, Frostpelt, Tailpaw, and Brightbrook.
Right now Waterstar was hoping that when saw them with Riverclan and Windclan cats, Shadowclan wouldn't attack.

Back to top Go down

Awakening -Warriors Fanfiction Story- Empty Chapter ~9~

Post by Smoke Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Chapter ~9~
Strength or Information

Waterstar was just beginning to run out of breath when they arrived at the small and well hidden Shadowclan camp. They had run into a 3 cat patrol on the way there and the cats had thought they were on a raid. Waterstar ordered her group to run as fast as they could, and that is exactly what they did.
The young Thunderclan leader skidded to a halt right after she got through the entrance just to stop 2 tail lengths in front of Aloestar. Waterstar's face went red under her fur at the embarrassment. She dipped her head in greeting and brought it quickly up as the 3 cats chasing them arrived and tackled Jaymoon and Brightbrook.
"Stop it!" Waterstar yelled. She took a good look at the 3 Shadowclan cat's faces and made sure to memorize them. Fangfight, Lastingrod, and Lesstail.
Aloestar hissed at the blue-eyed she-cat for ordering his warriors and said, "What is the meaning of this Waterstar!? Are you joining Riverclan and Windclan?"
Waterstar shook her head profusely before answering the Shadowclan leader's question. "No, Aloestar. They are refugees of Thunderclan."
Cats who were looking on, battle-ready, hissed at the she-cat. She narrowed her eyes at them and they all stopped in a split second. "And not without good reason either."
Aloestar sat down and curled his tail around his fore-paws, "And what reason would that be?" He asked in a calm voice.
"These cats, excluding myself and Jaymoon, came with 4 others seeking help and answers. We can only give one at the moment, just as they could either give us their strength or information. We currently have the latter and once we have answers we will have the other." She explained.
Aloestar nodded his head and turned around. He walked over to his den and flicked his tail, signaling for Waterstar to follow. She did, but not without caution. Once she was in he asked, "What'd they tell you?"
"Frostpelt told me that Oddstar and Markstar weren't themselves. At all. Their eyes would turn a dangerous black when angry and they took warriors into Oddstar's den, only for the cats going in would leave just like them. Markstar has a few cats positioned in Riverclan camp and seems to be ruling both that clan and Windclan." Waterstar explained.
The Shadowclan leader's eyes widened in curiosity as he said, "But Oddstar has always been one to protect her crown. Why did she let Markstar take over?"
A dark look came into Waterstar's eyes as she said the gruesome news for a second time. "She didn't let Markstar rule. Markstar beheaded her."
Aloestar's eyes seem to almost pop out of his head as he stuttered, not knowing how to reply.
Waterstar decided to continue on, "But we do not know why. Whether it was to make that stupid Deafstripe deputy or for him to weaken Riverclan is not certain."
The tom nodded with a small dazed look on his face and he slowly trotted out of his den, Waterstar right behind him. She figured he was going to tell the clan the news, and she was right.
The leader jumped up onto a large tree trunk that must've been their Tallrock and called the clan together. "Shadowclan, I am afraid I have disturbing news to tell you,"....
Smoke
Smoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down