Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
Welcome to New Era! A Roleplaying Site based on the Fiction book series Warriors, by Erin Hunter. This is a place where members can let their creativity flow, meet new friends and have fun! The clans moved to a new territory and have fanned out into different parts of lands, claiming it as their own. And now it’s time for a new generation of warriors to lead the clans on their quest of survival! You can make a character, join a clan and start roleplaying in the threads of that clan! Battle against other clans or tribes and protect your territory from trespassers and pesky twolegs. The possibility is endless at New Era!
Affiliates
Top 100 Feline RPGs Top 50 Warrior Cat RPG's Top 100 Warriors
The Fate of Five Warrior Cats RP TSNv2 - A Semi- Literate Warrior Cat Roleplay Conflicting Rivals AWRP Warrior Cats: Untold Tales Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] Affiliatebutton-1 Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] 10r04ud
Thunderclan
Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] 11v4n86 ________________________________________________________
Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] 25z329w
Riverclan
Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] 2heah6c

Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open]

4 posters

Go down

Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] Empty Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open]

Post by Nova Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 pm

The sky was strained a rosy pink as the sun began to descend into slumber, far beyond the boarders of Shadowclan. The brisk air of leaf bare began to grow colder as the sun's heat slowly faded from the earth and the forest grew quieter as the other animals of the day were seeking comfort in their dens and nests. The same could be said for Shadowclan camp as many of the cats were in their dens, or on their way, seeking rest and refuge from the cold. One of the few cats that remained out was the deputy as he padded through the camp, his pale golden eyes examining the various dens and walls of the camp, making sure they could withstand another snow fall if necessary. His sandy colored coat protected him from the harsh cold of leaf bare and the tuffs of fur between his toes gave him ample footing for the snow and ice, so he did not mind being out after the sun went down.
As he padded past the elders den he stopped at the freshkill pile and took inventory, it was much to small with only a few scraggly mice and one almost withered baby mole. This won't due, Sandclaw thought to himself as he sharply turned and headed for the middle of camp. Stopping at the heart of camp, his loud voice carried as he meowed, "An evening patrol needs to be formed, along with some hunting, does any cat care to join me?"
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] Empty Re: Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open]

Post by Epic Person Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Surprisepaw bounced into sight, "I'll come! I'll come!" He meowed excitedly, his pelt was pricked anxiously as he bounded up. "I'll come Sandclaw!"

Ooc: Can Sandclaw be Surprisepaw's mentor?
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sour Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 am

Time for a Patrol/Hunt [open] 20996_10
Goldleaf was grooming her fur outside the warrior’s den, a tranquil almost eerie silence had descended upon ShadowClan. Almost like the departure of the sun meant the death of all life in the forest. The black she-cat yawned and was about to enter her den and snuggle in content comfort in her moss nest when she heard the booming voice of her deputy. She took a glance at the warrior’s den but since no on seemed keen to leave their slumber Goldleaf stretched and approached her deputy. Almost instantly an eager apprentice bounced up and down, clearly excited at the prospect of a nightly hunt.

I’ll go, Sandclaw” she mewed when she was within earshot. Her deep amber eyes were the only thing that kept her visible in the vanishing light. Goldleaf suppressed a yawn, instead she purred amusedly at the apprentice’s energy.
Sour
Sour

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:19 am

Surprisepaw turned around, forcing himself to be calm. "Hey Goldleaf," He meowed, but he still had alot of pent up energy.

Ooc: I can just imagine his mother saying, "If you don't calm down I'm gonna send you over to Whitestar in Windclan and make you run laps around their territory!"
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

[ooc: Sure. I think Sandclaw would be a stern mentor though, fitting his bio, as long as you're okay with that.]

At the sound of the apprentice's mew the tom's pale golden hues turned their gaze onto the small ginger and white tabby, then to the approaching sleek, black she-cat. Sandclaw dipped his large head in greetings to the young apprentice and warrioress. Then he turned his gaze onto Surprisepaw before he mewed, "Are you sure you will be able to keep up, it is only going to get colder as the moon rises."
Even before his voice was quenched into silence he knew the question was rhetorical, looking at the young tom he could see the excitement gleaming in his green hues and knew that he would go even if his paws were frozen to the earth.

Softly, he shifted his weight on his paws and looked at his fellow clan mates, "We'll do a patrol of all of the borders, if you see any prey along the way kill it. The clan needs the freshkill."
With a flick of his bob of a tail Sandclaw turned and began to pad towards the clan entrance. His stomach clenched with anxiousness as he dearly hoped they would be able to find some game.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Ooc: Yeah, Surprisepaw is reckless, he needs a stern mentor!!

Ic: Surprisepaw followed his mentor with wide eyes, mimicking his movements, maybe if he listened he could be come deputy, like Sandclaw. When the cats were into the depths of the snowy forest the ginger tom waited for his instructions.
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sour Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Goldleaf tilted her head slightly, she tried not to shiver at the thought of a cold night, the Clan needed this and if no one was up to it then it was her responsibility. Besides, she was an exceptional night hunter thanks to her litheness and pitch-black pelt. Slowly her deputy looked at the two of them and with a stern, commanding voice he gave them the instructions for the night. The dark she-cat tried not to shiver at his austere tone; she nodded solemnly and followed, her steps noiseless and agile. She noticed how the apprentice was obviously mimicking the older warrior’s movements; she suppressed a chuckle and blinked warmly at Surprisepaw, encouraging him to keep up the pace.

Should we start with the ThunderClan or the RiverClan border?” She asked casually, pricking her ears to catch the sounds of any nearby prey.
Sour
Sour

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:39 pm

[ooc: okay!]

The large tom stopped a good distance from camp, his ears stood at full attention as he strained to hear any sound of life other than the two cats next to him. He could sparsely hear a rustle in the trees or a paw crunching on snow, but nothing remotely close to them. Turning his attention back to the group, the deputy peered over at Goldleaf, "We'll start with Thunderclan border, it's closer and there always seems to be more prey crawling around in the thicker underbrush that lines the border."
Then Sandclaw's golden hues turned to his apprentice, "As we patrol the borders you need to stay close and quite, no wandering off. Especially, over the border. If there are any intruders you want the element of surprise on your side, you do not want them surprising you with an attack because they over heard your heavy paws."
His tone was stern, but thoughtful as he tried to chose his words as carefully as possible. Sandclaw knew of Surprisepaw's sporadic, but yet boundless, energy and didn't want it to be the death of the young cat.
With those being the last words needed, Sandclaw nudged his large, sandy head in the direction of the Thunderclan border. With a curl of his back legs he bounded off toward the border through the wintry landscape, his large paws landing almost silently on the frozen earth.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 pm

"Okay Sandclaw," Surprisepaw mewed steadily and padded alongside the deputy, trying not to make too much noise.
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sour Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Goldleaf nodded and looked with admiration at her deputy, Sparkstar made a smart decision; the black warrior always made her contentment known, she was, after all, one of Sandclaw’s main supporters within the Clan. With an amused glint she observed the scene before her, a small pang of longing stirred within her paws, she was ready for an apprentice and she couldn’t wait to get one. When they were done with the mentoring, the she-cat followed them with her usual lithe and silent steps. She fell beside the eager apprentice and purred amusedly at him, “I’m sure you’ll be okay,” she whispered sympathetically.

She pricked her ears again and tried to listen to any nearby prey but it seemed like the forest was as silent as her steps. There’ll be something in the border, she thought for comfort.
Sour
Sour

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Surprisepaw resisted the urge to bounce all over the place, his paws itched and his pelt prickled
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 am

The familiar forest full of pine trees slowly began to mix with the enormous leafless trees that were familiar to Thunderclan as the party neared the border. The brush began to thicken too, the forest floor having fewer dead pine needles and more dense patches of various brush and bushes. Perfect hiding and foraging places for prey. At the arrival of the border Sandclaw's nose curled at the thick, pungent stench of Thunderclan. The deputy slowly came to a stop and turned to Surprisepaw; "Remember that smell, that is the distinct odor of Thunderclan. The only time you should smell that is here and at the Gatherings, if at anytime you smell that anywhere else you have a problem," Sanclaw's voice was hushed but still deep with a playful hint to it. He was in a better mood as he could hear faint rustling of prey around them. His claws unsheathed and resheathed a couple of times as he peered around the forest, the jagged daggers scrapping up flecks of earth as they did. The deputy's pale golden hues peered back to Surprise paw as he spoke, "I want you to scent the air; tell me what you hear, what you smell, and even what you see."
By this time the moon was above its horizon, it's full white light glinted through the trees giving everything a slight glow though the shadows were still very prominent. Most cats wouldn't be able to hunt in this atmosphere, let alone an apprentice, but this is what Shadowclan cats were created for. Starclan had granted them the gift to treat the night as if it were the day, to seize the darkness whether than let it cripple them. Sandclaw's chest warmed with pride for his clan and the two cats beside him, though his exterior appearance remained calm and unchanged.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 am

Surprisepaw's heart begean to pound, he even wondered if his mentor could hear it. Slowly, the young tom opened his jaw and breathed in. Scent rushed past him and many were familiar, "Well . . ." He began quietly. "I smell mouse, and some sort of bird, I smell--" An inhale, "--Fish too! It must be from the lake because of the breeze." Then, the sleek shape turned its head in different directions, "I can see patches of brambles and thorns, I think I see a vole over there and the trees of course!" Surprisepaw went rigid, he did not move a muscle, rustles and squeaks let him know the prey was there, "I can hear prey in the undergrowth." He twitched one ear, the breeze whistled through the trees making their branches creak and groan, but the apprentice didn't think to report it, it just wasn't important. An eartwitch came again and two green eyes widened, he could smell . . . Thunderclan! At first he thought it was because they were at the boarder then the wind died down and Surprisepaw figured out it was coming from somewhere in Shadowclan territory. "Uhhh . . . Sandclaw?" He stammered, "I-I can smell Thunderclan, over that way!" His long tail flicked in the direction of a clump of pines and oaks three fox-lenghts away from the boarder.

Ooc: I'm guessing they're in the lake territory.
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

[ooc: sounds good to me, does anyone want to get their Thunderclan characters into this?]

Sandclaw's pale golden hues observed the young apprentice intently, watching every twitch of the ear and nose indicating a new scent. The deputy was impressed with Surprisepaw's already keen nose, though he needed to be taught how to hone in onto the locations of the various prey. The forest around them seemed to be much more alive than the forest surrounding camp, the deputy knew this is only a fraction of what prey would be out when warmer weather came. Sandclaw was just about to tell Surprisepaw and Goldleaf this would be an excellent time to hunt and bring home some fresh-kill for the clan, when a breeze coming from the direction of the lake that edged into their territory rustled through his thick pelt. This precarious breeze carried the musky scent of fish, wet earth, and remnants of water, but it also carried the scent of something that did not belong. The stammering from Surprisepaw confirmed to him that the Thunderclan stench wasn't just coming from the border. A low, almost inaudible, snarl escaped from his clench jaw as his ears flattened on his large skull. Fire rose inside his stomach, to think that another clan was trespassing on Shadowclan territory was inexcusable. With an urgent flick of his stub, Sandclaw's fierce gaze settled in the direction of the lake.
"Let's go see what cat decided it was okay to trespass on Shadowclan territory, especailly in the night," his facial features were laced with seriousness as his glance flickered to Goldenleaf and then to Surprisepaw. His muscles bunched as he dropped into a crouch and silently began to head towards the lake territory, another flick of his stub silently indicating to follow into the thick undergrowth.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Ooc: Mine! Do you mind if I use my cat Tilefloor?

Ic: Surprisepaw followed slowly, his ears pricked and his fur fluffed out. His first intruder! Excitement raced through his muscles, making them tense. Large eyes flitted through the undergrowth and noticed a limp shape sprawled in a patch of biars. The cat's thick point coat was dotted with vines and it's eyes were closed. "Sandclaw," Surprisepaw straightened and took a step forward, with a sniff he realized that this was the Thunderclan intruder. "I think we found our intruder. And I don't think she's conscious."
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sour Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Goldleaf was, for most of the part, quiet and listening. She even decided to tune out her deputy’s lesson to his apprentice. She was focusing on prey right now. Any kind of fresh-kill to bring back home. When the pungent smell of ThunderClan hit her nostrils she tried hard not to wrinkle her nose, instead she looked for prey. She could scent a mouse a couple of fox-lengths away, a bird that made its nest in the earth, stale vole… and, curiously, some fish. When her deputy began to teach his apprentice once again the black she-cat separated from the group for a few seconds. In the heartbeats she was gone she made her way with a small mouse. Content with her catch she made it back in time to hear Surprisepaw’s stammerings. Now that she wasn’t focusing so much on prey she could scent it. ThunderClan… in her territory.

She buried the mouse and accompanied her clan mates, tracking down the scent, her fur bristling slightly.

Goldleaf didn’t find what she thought she would. The intruder was half-dead to her eyes. With delicacy she sniffed… her… definitely a she. “What should we do?” She mewed looking at her deputy.
Sour
Sour

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Blood pulsated in the deputy's ears as he was ready for anything to happen at any time. The smell of Thuderclan was getting stronger as they trio tracked the scent, the scent sent revulsion through Sabdclaw's entire frame. As he slowed by a patch of briars that's when he heard Surprisepaw's muted voice call his name. With a swift turn the tom's pale golden hues found the limp frame of a cat tangled into the briars. Slowly and cautiously he approached the patch and peered in farther, when he saw a subtle rise and fall in her abdomen. The she-cat was alive, but this only made a thousand questions pour into Sandclaw's mind. Questions that would remain unanswered until or if the Thunderclan cat regained consciousness. With a flick of his bob he turned back to his clan mates, his golden eyes meeting Surprisepaw's first.
"Run back to camp and alert Sparkstar and Blackpaw of what has happened, tell them we will be bringing this she-cat back shortly. Wait for us there," then the deputy turned his gaze to Goldleaf, "I need you to stay here and help me free her, if it's at all possible."
With a turn of his head he ordered the young apprentice to head towards camp, then turned back his attention to the she-cat in the briars. Sandclaw would not risk harming one of his clan mates just to free this trespasser, but he knew if anyone could help him think of a safe way it would be the cunning Goldleaf. This night is turning out to be more and more troublesome, he silently thought to himself as he examined the briars.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by TWOSTEP Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 am

Blackpaw was outside, clearing her system, until an alarming scent reached her nostrils. She blinked, shook her head and did this odd ripple effect into a leap as she went to see what's the matter. The ginger apprentice jumped through bramble thickets, over and under branches and avoided obstacles.
The apprentice skidded to a halt beside the deputy, "What's going on? Don't bring up any smart remarks, a-hole, I'm blind." She hated to explain to cats and kits why her eyes were a cold black color and why they didn't have pupils or move. She sniffed the air, "Oh a ThunderClanner, f*ck that. TILEFLOOR!" She called the warrior by name, she visited ThunderClan and knew which cat from which.
TWOSTEP
TWOSTEP

Back to top Go down

Post by Epic Person Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:02 am

Surprisepaw was at camp by the time Blackpaw had reached the hunting party. "Sparkstar," He spluttered as he skidded to a halt in front of the she-cat. "Thunderclanner at the border." His tone was gravely like a bull-frog's croak.

Tilefloor didn't move but a strong wind flattened one of her ears before letting it bounce back again/
Epic Person
Epic Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down